Employer Engagement for Under 19s
The AAT’s new syllabus (AQ2016) in was launched in September 2016 and it saw the mandatory requirement for all students who are aged under 19 and registered as living in England to engage with employers if they are studying the following courses:
• AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2
• AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting Level 3
The Department of Education considers meaningful employer involvement to be:
• Participating in structured work experience or placements that enable students to develop their accounting knowledge and skills
• Working on projects, exercises or assessments set or supervised by those working in the industry
• Areas of qualification content delivered via master classes or guest lectures by industry practitioners
AAT recommends that a range of different approaches are used and that employer engagement activities cover more than one unit of study. AAT are suggesting that any work placement should be over 40 hours.
Students are required to plan employer engagement activities at the start of their course with a training provider, as well as gather evidence of engagement activities which will need to be mapped to the AAT’s qualification.
If you are aged 19 or under and you’re registered as living England, please contact us before purchasing an AAT distance learning course from us, to discuss this requirement in more detail.