Postage and Delivery times:
Within the UK, postage is £6. Please allow 3 – 5 working for delivery.
To Europe, postage is £25. Please allow 5-7 working days for delivery.
Rest of the world is £45. Please allow 7-10 working days for delivery.
To try the demo, we just need a few details...
Get a brochure
- Unlimited Mentor Support
- 0% Interest Payment Plans
- Price Match Guarantee
- 20% Discount On Course Bundle
- 12 months unlimited tutor support & marking
- Eagle Study Buddy learning guide
- Osborne tutorial and work books
- Instant access to e-learning environment
- AAT registration, exam and invigilator fees not included
Try For Free
You can try our Level 2 software demo for free, which includes samples of: the Study Buddy, the eLearning module, and the textbook.
Try the demo
About the course
This course will teach you how to process transactions using Sage computerised accounting software. By the end of the course you’ll be able to confidently process daily business transactions using either Sage Instant Accounts (desk-based software) or Safe One (cloud-based software). You’ll also be able to produce, read, and understand reports produced in Sage. This course will take around six weeks to complete.
- Our Level 2 2016 assessment pass rate: 98% (national average: 90%)
There are no formal requirements required to study this course, but it’s recommended you have manual bookkeeping skills. A good level of maths and English is also expected.
Using Accounting Software
- Set up accounting software
- Processing business documents
- Processing customer and supplier transactions
- Processing receipts and payments
- Using the bank and petty cashbook
- Writing off bad debts
- Using the journal
- Correcting errors in the system
- Reconciling the bank
- Period end routines
- Printing reports
This course is suited for those who want to build on their accounting software knowledge, and may want to work in roles such as finance assistant, trainee bookkeeping, clerical assistant, accounts clerk, and accounts administrator.
Our distance learning courses are perfect if you want the flexibility to study where you want, at your own pace. And even though it’s a distance learning course, you’ll get plenty of support – your mentor is there to give guidance, and our subject experts give technical assistance if you’re stuck during your learning.
When you register with the AAT you’ll be given your AAT student number. You’ll need this number to enter for assessments.
This course is assessed by a unit assessment, which tests knowledge and skills taught in that unit. It is:
- Available mostly all year round, on demand
- Scheduled by and sat at AAT approved assessment venues
- Marked by the AAT, and you’ll be given results within the timescales published on the AAT website
To be awarded the AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software qualification, you’ll need to achieve at least 70% in the unit assessment.
AAT assessment venues are found in the UK and other countries. Click here to find your nearest centre.
You’ll can use your accounting software skills to find employment in a junior bookkeeping role. You can also progress onto the AAT accountancy courses to gain the skills to become an accountant.
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping costs £300 and includes 12 months’ worth of support from your Eagle Advisor and all course materials*.
Monthly Payment Plans:
You can pay for this course in full or choose to pay in equal monthly installments over 2 months. Simply select your preferred option when you place your order.
- 2 months: £150 per month
- 4 months: £75 per month
- 6 months: £50 per month
- 12 months: £25 per month
Fees associated with admission and exam fees are in addition to the cost of the course and payable direct to the AAT.
- AAT Admission Fee: £44
- AAT Annual Student Membership Fee (UK): N/A
- AAT Annual Student Membership Fee (International): N/A
- AAT Assessment Fees: £41
- Assessment Centre Invigilation/Administration Fees: from £20
*Material delivery costs to UK Mainland are in addition to the course cost:
- Within the UK, postage is £6
- To Europe, postage is £25
- Rest of the world is £45