Postage and Delivery times:
Within the UK, postage is £6. Please allow 3 – 5 working for delivery.
To Europe, postage is £25. Please allow 5-7 working days for delivery.
Rest of the world is £45. Please allow 7-10 working days for delivery.
To try the demo, we just need a few details...
Get a brochure
- Unlimited Mentor Support
- 0% Interest Payment Plans
- Price Match Guarantee
- 20% Discount On Course Bundle
- 18 months unlimited tutor support & marking
- Eagle Study Buddy learning guide
- Osborne tutorial and work books
- Instant access to e-learning environment
- AAT registration, exam and invigilator fees not included
Try For Free
You can try our Level 3 demo for free, which includes samples of: the Study Buddy, the e-learning module, and the textbook.
About the course
Are you looking to progress your career in accountancy? Have you got a solid understanding of accounting processes? Studying AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting could be the next step in your journey to becoming a qualified accountant.
- Our Level 3 2016 assessment pass rate was 89%, (national average 74%)
If you work in accounts or have studied accountancy before (such as AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate), you may be able to start at this level.
If you don’t have any previous accountancy experience, we recommend starting at Level 2. You’ll also need a good grasp of maths and English skills to complete the course. We recommend that you register with AAT before starting this course. You’ll be given your AAT student number, which enables you to enter for assessments.
By the end of the AAT Level 3 course in accounting, you’ll be able to apply accounting concepts, principles and rules to confidently work in a financial accounting or management accounting role at intermediate level.
- Advanced double-entry bookkeeping skills
- Capital expenditure and managing non-current assets
- Period end adjustments: inventory, depreciation, irrecoverable debts, doubtful debts, accruals and prepayments
- The extended trial balance
Final Accounts Preparation
- Preparing accounting records from incomplete information
- Producing accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Applying rules and regulations
Management Accounting: Costing
- Costing techniques: marginal and absorption
- Accounting for materials, labour and overheads
- Inventory control
- Service and product costing techniques
- Budgets and variances (fixed and flexed)
- Techniques to support decision making: break-even, limiting factor, payback, net present value and internal rate of return
Indirect Tax (VAT)
- Understanding and applying legislation
- Preparing VAT returns
Ethics for Accountants
How to act ethically in an accounting role and use ethical codes
Spreadsheets for Accountants
Use tools and techniques to prepare spreadsheets at an advanced level
This course is suitable if you have previous accountancy experience, through study or work experience, and you’re looking to develop your skills further so you can become qualified and work in a variety of accounting roles.
Are you a self-starter? Do you enjoy learning at your own pace? Distance learning is a great option if you want to start studying AAT Level 3 when you’re ready, at a time and place that suits your lifestyle and work towards your preferred completion date. Plus, you’ll get extra support from your Eagle mentor, who is there to guide you through the learning process.
This Level 3 course is assessed with a combination of unit assessments and a synoptic assessment.
A unit assessment only tests knowledge and skills taught in that unit. At Level 3 they are:
- Available on demand, mostly all year round
- Scheduled by and sat at AAT approved assessment venues
- Marked by the computer providing instant assessment results
The synoptic assessment is an end of course assessment which tests a variety of knowledge and skills from several units. At Level 3 synoptic assessments are:
- Attempted once the unit assessments have been achieved
- Available during periods communicated by the AAT throughout the year
- Scheduled by and sat at AAT approved assessment venues
Getting your results
Assessment results are available in your MYAAT account within 24 hours for computer marked assessments. For assessments marked by AAT assessors, you can expect to receive your results at a later date (timescales may vary and will be published on the AAT website).
To be awarded the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting qualification you must achieve at least a 70% competency level in each unit assessment and in the synoptic assessment.
You can resit an assessment to improve your grade. Results from the assessment with the highest marks will be used to calculate your final grade. There are no resit restrictions or employer engagement requirements for any fee paying student on any of our AAT courses.
AAT approved venues
You can search for your nearest AAT approved assessment venue here.
After completing this level, you could go onto job roles such as a finance officer, assistant accountant and an advanced bookkeeper, earning salaries of up to £25,000. If you want to continue studying, you can move onto AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting.
AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting costs £699 and includes 18 months’ worth of support from your Eagle Advisor and all course materials*.
Monthly Payment Plans:
You can pay for this course in full or choose to pay in equal monthly installments. Simply select your preferred option when you place your order.
- 2 months: £349.50 per month
- 4 months: £174.75 per month
- 6 months: £116.50 per month
- 12 months: £58.25 per month
You are required to become a member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) to fulfill your qualification. Fees associated with admission and exam fees are in addition to the cost of the course and payable direct to the AAT.
- AAT Admission Fee: £44
- AAT Annual Student Membership Fee (UK): £94
- AAT Annual Student Membership Fee (International): £85
- AAT Assessment Fees (payable to assessment venue): £225 for 5 modules at £45 each
- Assessment Centre Invigilation/Administration Fees: £150 (for 5 modules at £30 each)
*Material delivery costs to UK Mainland are in addition to the course cost:
- Within the UK, postage is £6
- To Europe, postage is £25
- Rest of the world is £45