Postage and Delivery times:
Within the UK, postage is £6. Please allow 3 – 5 working for delivery.
To Europe, postage is £25. Please allow 5-7 working days for delivery.
Rest of the world is £45. Please allow 7-10 working days for delivery.
To try the demo, we just need a few details...
Get a brochure
- Unlimited Mentor Support
- 0% Interest Payment Plans
- Price Match Guarantee
- 45% Discount On Course Bundle
- 12 months unlimited tutor support & marking
- Eagle Study Buddy learning guide
- Osborne tutorial and work books
- Instant access to e-learning environment
- AAT registration, exam and invigilator fees not included
Try For Free
You can try our Level 3 demo for free, which includes samples of: the Study Buddy, the e-learning module, and the textbook.
About the course
This course builds on the knowledge you’ve gained in Level 2 Bookkeeping. You’ll be able to apply accounting principles, concepts and rules to complete advanced bookkeeping tasks, and prepare value added tax returns and final accounts for sole traders and partnerships. This course will take around six months to complete.
- Our Level 3 2016 assessment pass rate: 89% (national average 74%)
It is recommended that you’ve studied and passed the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
- Advanced double-entry bookkeeping skills
- Capital expenditure and managing non-current assets
- Period end adjustments: inventory, depreciation, irrecoverable debts, doubtful debts, accruals and prepayments
- The extended trial balance
Final Accounts Preparation
- Preparing accounting records from incomplete information
- Producing accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Applying rules and regulation
Indirect Tax (VAT)
- Understanding and applying legislation
- Preparing VAT returns
AAT Level 3 in Bookkeeping is suited for those who want to continue learning more advanced bookkeeping skills, and are looking to work in roles such as accounts manager, professional bookkeeper, and ledger manager.
Our distance learning courses are suitable if you’re looking to fit your studies around your lifestyle, setting the pace of learning and assessments. And you’ll get lots of support from your mentor and subject experts, who are there to give you help and guidance when you need it more.
To study an AAT bookkeeping course you have to register with the AAT. You can enter for assessments once you’ve been provided with your AAT student number.
The course is assessed by unit assessments.A unit assessment only tests knowledge and skills taught in that unit. At level 3 they are:
- Available on demand, mostly all year round
- Scheduled by and sat at AAT approved assessment venues
- Computer marked providing instant assessment results
To be awarded the AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping you must achieve at least a 70% in each unit assessment.
AAT assessment venues are located in the UK and other countries. You can find your nearest venue here.
You can work in a variety of bookkeeping roles, including working as a senior bookkeeper. Or, you can progress onto the AAT accountancy courses to become an accountant.
AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping costs £350 and includes 12 months’ worth of support from your Eagle Advisor and all course materials*.
Monthly Payment Plans:
You can pay for this course in full or choose to pay in equal monthly installments over 2 months. Simply select your preferred option when you place your order.
- 2 months: £175 per month
- 4 months: £87.50 per month
- 6 months: £58.33 per month
- 12 months: £29.17 per month
Fees associated with admission and exam fees are in addition to the cost of the course and payable direct to the AAT.
- AAT Admission Fee: £44
- AAT Annual Student Membership Fee (UK): N/A
- AAT Annual Student Membership Fee (International): N/A
- AAT Assessment Fees: £135 (for 3 modules at £45 each)
- Assessment Centre Invigilation/Administration Fees: £90 (for 3 modules at £30 each)
*Material delivery costs to UK Mainland are in addition to the course cost:
- Within the UK, postage is £6
- To Europe, postage is £25
- Rest of the world is £45