Postage and Delivery times:
Within the UK, postage is £6. Please allow 3 – 5 working for delivery.
To Europe, postage is £25. Please allow 5-7 working days for delivery.
Rest of the world is £45. Please allow 7-10 working days for delivery.
To try the demo, we just need a few details...
Get a brochure
- Unlimited Mentor Support
- 0% Interest Payment Plans
- Price Match Guarantee
- 45% Discount On Course Bundle
- 12 months unlimited tutor support & marking
- Eagle Study Buddy learning guide
- Osborne tutorial and work books
- Instant access to e-learning environment
- AAT registration, exam and invigilator fees not included
Try For Free
You can try our Level 2 demo for free, which includes samples of: the Study Buddy, the e-learning module, and the textbook
About the course
AAT Level 2 in Bookkeeping teaches you the essential skills that are the foundation for accounting processes around the world. You’ll learn how to confidently process daily business transactions in a manual bookkeeping system and produce a trial balance. You’ll also understand the traditional double-entry bookkeeping system.
- Our Level 2 2016 assessment pass rate: 98% (national average: 90%)
There are no formal requirements needed to study this qualification.
- Double-entry bookkeeping skills
- Using business documents
- Applying discounts and VAT
- Processing customer and supplier transactions
- Processing receipts and payments
- Using a cashbook and petty cashbook
- Extracting a trial balance
- Using controls in a bookkeeping system
- Using and reconciling control accounts
- Using the journal and suspense account
- Correcting errors in the system
- Reconciling the bank
AAT Level 2 in Bookkeeping is suited for those who want to start learning about bookkeeping techniques, and may want to work in roles like finance assistant, accounts clerk, accounts administrator, or trainee bookkeeper.
If you’re looking for a flexible option, our distance learning courses let you study in your own time, in your own place. You won’t be alone though – you mentor will guide you through the learning process, and our subject experts provide technical help as and when you need it.
You need to register with the AAT before study this course. You’ll be given your AAT student number, which lets you enter for assessments.
The course is assessed by unit assessments. Unit assessments test knowledge and skills taught in that unit. At Level 2 they are:
- Available on demand, mostly all year round
- Scheduled by and sat at AAT approved assessment venues
- Marked by the computer providing instant assessment results
You need to achieve over 70% in each assessment to be awarded the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification.
AAT assessment venues are in the UK and other countries. Search for your nearest venue here.
You can use your bookkeeping skills to work in a junior bookkeeping role, or progress onto the next level: AAT Level 3 in Bookkeeping.
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping costs £300 and includes 12 months’ worth of support from your Eagle Advisor and all course materials*.
Monthly Payment Plans:
You can pay for this course in full or choose to pay in equal monthly installments over 2 months. Simply select your preferred option when you place your order.
- 2 months: £150 per month
- 4 months: £75 per month
- 6 months: £50 per month
- 12 months: £25 per month
Fees associated with admission and exam fees are in addition to the cost of the course and payable direct to the AAT.
- AAT Admission Fee: £44
- AAT Annual Student Membership Fee (UK): N/A
- AAT Annual Student Membership Fee (International): N/A
- AAT Assessment Fees: £90 (for 2 modules at £45 each)
- Assessment Centre Invigilation/Administration Fees: £60 (for 2 modules at £30 each)
*Material delivery costs to UK Mainland are in addition to the course cost:
- Within the UK, postage is £6
- To Europe, postage is £25
- Rest of the world is £45