AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in
Accounting Software (Sage)
Online Distance Learning Course
Level 2 2016
An AAT Level 2 computerised bookkeeping course is an ideal starting point:
If you have manual bookkeeping skills and you would like to learn how to process transactions using Sage computerised accounting software.
By the end of this Sage accounting course you will be able to:
- Confidently process daily business transactions using either Sage Instant Accounts (desk-based software) or Sage One (cloud-based software)
- Produce, read and understand reports produced in Sage
An AAT online distance learning course is ideal for you if:
You want to start your AAT computerised bookkeeping course when you’re ready, study at a time and place that suits your lifestyle, set the pace of learning and assessment, and work towards your preferred completion date.
Many students tell us they’ve benefited from a boost in their confidence from participating in our exclusive training and development programme and that it’s had a positive impact on all areas of their lives. They frequently recommend our unique learning tools and compliment our teaching style and professional, yet friendly support in online reviews.
We’d be delighted to help you choose the course that will help you achieve your career goals so please do contact us if you’d like to discuss your options further.
* Pass rate provided by AAT
Your learning experience at eagle will be unique, as we provide high quality tuition to develop work-based accountancy skills and also provide opportunities for you to develop personally throughout your learning journey. Everything detailed is included in the course cost.
During the planning phase you will be introduced to your dedicated mentor and you will:
- Discuss your career goals, your expectations and anything else that’s important to you during a telephone induction so you can proceed with confidence
- Mutually agree a personal plan and a study pace that suits your lifestyle
- Establish your relationship so you feel more confident asking for help, as and when you need it
You will benefit from comprehensive tuition and personal development using our unique combination of learning tools:
- Our famous Study Buddy - our students’ favourite activity based, printed learning guide
- Online screen recordings which show you how to process transactions which you can use as often as you like
- Osborne text book (printed and online) packed with question practice
- The option of using Sage Instant Accounts (desk based software) or Sage One (cloud based software)
When you need it, we provide prompt assistance and you can benefit from the experience of our diverse team which consists of skilled mentors and practically experienced, qualified accountants.
Practice assessments are tutor marked and they provide written feedback with comprehensive explanations.
Periodically, we invite you to review your progression with your mentor. You can review what is working well and look at what might need to change to help you move closer towards your goals.
Our students enjoy interacting and supporting each other in our online forums and Facebook study group.
By the end of the AAT Level 2 course in computerised accounting you will be able to confidently process daily business transactions and produce, read and understand reports.
|AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software|
|Subject (unit title)||Some of the topics covered include:|
|Using Accounting Software||
Set up accounting software
Processing business documents
Processing customer and supplier transactions
Processing receipts and payments
Using the bank and petty cashbook
Writing off bad debts
Using the journal
Correcting errors in the system
Reconciling the bank
Period end routines
AAT student registration
To study an AAT computerised accounting course you have to register with the AAT. You can enter for assessments once you’ve been provided with your AAT student number.
AAT course assessments
The course is assessed by a unit assessment.
|AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software|
|Unit title||Unit assessment|
|Using Accounting Software|
About the unit assessment
A unit assessment only tests knowledge and skills taught in that unit. This unit assessment is:
- Available on demand, mostly all year round
- Scheduled by and sat at AAT approved assessment venues
- Marked by the AAT providing results within the timescales published on the AAT website
You need to achieve over 70% in the assessment to be awarded the AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software qualification. There are no grades for this qualification.
AAT Approved Assessment Venues
AAT assessment venues are located in the UK and other countries. Search for your nearest assessment venue here
The AAT’s guided learning hours for the AAT Level 2 course in bookkeeping are 45.
Guided learning is the time you usually spend learning new topics in a classroom which includes some question practice. Guided learning hours do not include homework or assessment preparation time.
Every adult’s ability to learn is vastly different. The beauty about studying an AAT online distance learning course from home is that you can study at a pace that suits your needs. As this is a practical subject, plenty of question practice is required so you may be required to study more hours to be adequately prepared for your assessment.
Based on past experience, you could achieve this course within 3 - 6 months if you study at least 6 - 8 hours per week as a minimum. For the best chance of retaining and recalling new information we recommend you study 2 - 3 times a week.
To maximise the opportunity of passing your assessments first time, saving you time and money, we strongly recommend you take full advantage of all aspects of our service.
Our learning tools are created by a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who not only have extensive accounting and business experience but continuously develop their understanding about the conditions that need to exist for optimal learning. You will benefit significantly from our unique teaching style. We use modern teaching methods which imitate the way we learn and process information naturally. You can learn more in less time and develop a deep understanding of complex topics which is more meaningful and will be long lasting.
Activity based learning also keeps you engaged, stimulated and challenged as well as developing other essential skills required by the profession such as problem solving, analytical thinking and reflective skills so you can confidently and competently excel in your career.
At eagle we include everything you need to proceed confidently with your AAT Level 2 computerised accounting Sage software course so that you can achieve the qualification in the most time efficient and cost effective way.
This unique combination of learning material is only available from eagle:
- Sample our students’ favourite: our Study Buddy, an activity based printed learning resource created by experienced accountants especially for distance learners. It’s packed with activities and learning and assessment tips
- Sample our online e-learning lessons: We demonstrate how to process transactions using screen recordings. You can watch them anytime
- Practice assessments are tutor marked and provide comprehensive written feedback
- Osborne Books printed text book which can also be accessed online: packed with question practice which is essential for a practical subject
- The choice between learning to use Sage Instant Accounts (desk-based software) or Sage One (cloud-based software)
We are very proud of the compliments that we receive from our students about the quality of our course materials and in particular hearing about how they benefit from our unique teaching style.
You will have access to an amazing pool of knowledge and experience here at eagle!
Your mentor is here to guide you throughout your development
Our mentors are here to guide you through the learning process. When you’re soaring to success they’re keen to celebrate your achievements with you! However, occasionally studying does get tough especially with today’s increasing demands on our time. If we try to figure out what is best on our own, we might never move forward. Your mentor is trained by professionals so they are equipped to provide the support that you might need to help you move forward, as and when you need it.
Our subject experts provide technical assistance
Our subject specialists have had long careers in the accounting profession, often in management roles and some work as exam markers and consultants for a range of awarding bodies. When you ask for help, or when you submit progress tests or practice assessments for marking, they will share their knowledge and experience with you and help you develop a comprehensive understanding so you can also be successful in your qualification and your career.
Support is available as and when you need it. We are here to help you achieve your goal in a time and cost effective way.
The aim of our team is to:
- Build confidence, aid motivation and help you enjoy your learning experience
- Maximise the development of skills needed to enhance career opportunities
- Increase the opportunity for first time assessment passes saving you time and money
We guarantee you will receive an efficient and professional service
At eagle we work closely as a team so the service you receive will be continuous and consistent. Our policies and procedures will be communicated to you at the outset so you know exactly what level of service you’ll receive.
|AAT Course Fee|
|AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software Course Fee with 12 months’ support||£300|
|Payable in full or in equal monthly instalments within 2 months|
|For islands and other countries please contact us for a quote|
|AAT Initial Registration Fee||£43|
|AAT Annual Student Membership Fee (UK)||N/A|
|AAT Annual Student Membership Fee (International)||N/A|
|AAT Assessment Fees (1 assessment)||£41|
|Assessment Centre Invigilation/Administration Fees||from £20|
Other helpful information:
- All courses listed on our website are for AAT’s current syllabus (AQ2016)
- All of the study materials and support that you need to achieve is included in our course fee
- You can pay for this course in equal consecutive monthly instalments within a maximum of 2 months, delivery costs will be due with the first instalment
- If you’ve been declared bankrupt, have a criminal conviction or civil offence record you will need to declare this so it’s best to contact AAT first before purchasing a course www.aat.org.uk/about-aat/professional-standards/fit-and-proper-requirements, tel: 0845 8630801
- The AAT course registration fee is payable to the AAT
- You pay assessment fees when you book your assessment at your chosen assessment venue
- Invigilation fees differ at each assessment centre. For precise costs we recommend you call the venue that you would like to use
- AAT revise their fees on 1st September every year
- Our service agreement ends once you have received successful assessment results or after 12 months from the date of registration, whichever is the earliest
- There is an option to extend your support beyond the initial contractual period for an additional fee if needed
- Please see our terms and conditions of sale to be fully aware of your rights under the current consumer regulations
eagle’s own study materials and online resources are superb. I gained the confidence to set up my own bookkeeping business after studying AAT Level 2.
When I initially decided to study accountancy it was with a view to a career change at some point in the future. Initially I just wanted to complete the AAT Level 2 Accounting Qualification and then look for a new job. However, I progressed to the AAT Level 3 Accounting Qualification and it gave me the confidence to leave a job that was not secure and that I did not enjoy, change my future career plans and set up business as a self-employed bookkeeper.
Steve Wilson, Wilson’s Bookkeeping
We offer options to pay monthly at no extra cost: payable within 2 months.
AAT Level 2 Award in
Accounting Software Qualification